Summer is not over yet! September is the ideal month to enjoy a getaway to Andorra. The good temperatures invite you to take advantage of the many outdoor activities on offer in the country. We’ve compiled the best plans to make the most of the last days of summer on your getaway.
Enjoy outdoor activities until autumn
If the forecast holds true, this year the adventure parks will be open every day until mid-September and on weekends until the long weekend in October. But another suggestion for your getaway to Andorra during the last days of summer is a hiking route through the mountains to summit a peak or reach one of the country’s most famous lakes. You can also take the opportunity to climb up to the Roc del Quer, the viewpoint near the hotel, or go to the new solar viewpoint of Tristaina, in Arcalís. We talked about it in the last blog post.
Visit the most curious museums in Andorra
This is a good opportunity to plan a route to discover the curiosities and history of Andorra through its house museums, such as Areny-Plandolit in Ordino, the Casa Cristo in Encamp or the Casa Rull, in Sispony.
We suggest another, more alternative route through Andorra’s most original and curious museums. These include the miniature museum in Ordino, the collector’s museum in Pal and the recently renovated bicycle museum. This year, the “summer nights” (an event that starts at the beginning of July and whose leisure and cultural programme includes more than 50 nights with activities) will be extended until 18 September. So in September, you can also enjoy a different kind of evening in a museum, with entertainment, dramatised tours and live music.
These are the “Summer Nights” programmed for the month of September (prior booking required):
• 01/09 – “Sumpta” : Dramatised visit at the Areny-Plandolit House in Ordino, at 8pm and 9.30pm. Free admission. Bookings on: +376 836908
• 04/09 – “Anton Fiter and Rossell are waiting for a visit” : Dramatised visit to the Old Town of Andorra la Vella. Book in advance and buy tickets at: +376 750100
• 11/09 – Concert “Reverie, poetic and eclectic” : Guitar solo concert by Marc Pià at the Casa Rull Museum. Free admission. Reservations on : +376 836908
• 14/09 – Guided visit of the Toulouse-Lautrec exhibition, at 8.30 pm and 10 pm. Free admission. Reservations at : +376 802255
• 18/09 – Cello and violin concert in the Era Gran of Casa Rossell. Free admission. Reservations at : +376 836908
Discover the country with the tourist bus on your trip to Andorra.
It runs until 30 October, from Monday to Sunday with a different route every day. All you have to do is choose which aspect of Andorra you want to see. The itineraries are with audio guide, half day, except for the one on Saturday which also includes lunch. Entrance fees to monuments and museums are included in the price of the route. It is a good alternative to leave the car parked on your trip to Andorra and discover the country.